Thursday, August 2, 2007

Comparing?

Just a piece of cautious, various people have different types of living lifestyle. Especially if one has a different culture or living in different state. In Malaysia, buildings are most of the time; (almost all) are made by concrete and bricks. Living in Malaysia, you must not only must have the skills to tolerate the heat and humid but also, the busy traffic. Think about it. Humid + heat + busy traffic= 100% patient. Anyway, as a shopaholic, I love spending time in the mall, even if I do not buy anything, I would just window shop and fulfil my cravings for shopping! In Kuala Lumpur, the capital city of Malaysia, is believed that we have one of the biggest malls in South East Asia. Therefore, you can imagine the size of it and it takes ages just to walk around it and trust me, you don’t want to get lost in that mall! Malls in Malaysia shut at 10.30 pm or sometimes, nearly midnight. Malaysians have this habits of eating out during the weekend. Therefore, restaurants and malls shut late. It is called the “family weekend”. Malls would be over crowded; restaurants would be packed with dozens of families. In Malaysia, because we have three main different races, we have so many types of food you can choose from. Internationalism is huge in Malaysia. Foods are range from local food to even Thai food or western food and restaurants are hardly close.

Where as in New Zealand, shops shut before 10 pm and lifestyle here is more quiet. Honestly, since I came here, I do not really shop. Because all the shops are almost the same everywhere and products here are sold more expensive. I was surprise. One day I wanted to buy a correction pen, and to my surprise, I found one that I use to use in Malaysia, which only cost MYR 1, but it is sold for over NZD 6! In short, in my opinion, the cost of living here is more expensive. Even the basic things like food are quite dear. On top of that, products such as clothes are not value for money. They are sold expensively but 90% of them are made in China. So sometimes, I wish that they would set the price a little lower. However, scenery here is so much more beautiful than in Malaysia. Scenery here is magnificent and breath taking. It is so photogenic! Once, I took a picture of New Zealand and send it back to my friends in Malaysia, they thought it was a postcard I bought from a souvenir shop! They were too, quite impress with the nature in New Zealand. Adding on to that, I think New Zealand is a good place to study.

As for commenting on the New Zealand government, I think sometimes people in parliament are very childish as they swear at each other as shown on the television news once. Besides that, some kiwi’s are very racist and would swear at us, just because we’re different. But try turning off the lights, we’re all the same. Therefore, sometimes, I think they are conservative. But that are just minority, so it doesn’t bothers me much. Nevertheless, so far, I have made lovely kiwi mates from High School. We are still in contact and I absolutely cannot wait to meet up with them again!

I hope this blog/ post will not offend anyone as this is only my personal view and honestly, I am quite reluctant to do this task because it is base on individual experience and thinking. But because I need to pass this course, therefore I am doing it. I will not get offended if people disagree with what I’ve just wrote.

malls: left; Malaysia , right; New Zealand

4 comments:

Kelly said...

AdAdAdadadadad!!!!

so nice!!!!!!!!!!
yap NZ is quite boring!
but nature of NZ is really nice!
makes me happy!!!!!

anyway, I want to go Malaysia to go big X 100 shopping mall T_T

shakirah said...

You have done a good job Adeline. But, I think you need to make the background color of your blog brighter because it is quite difficult to read.

Cynthia said...

Adelineeeee is very x 9999999 right!!!! >< haha I agree with you. There's not even an entertainment part TT

Like Kelly said, I wanna go Malaysia shopping mall TT I'll visit there someday!! Wait for me haha

Anonymous said...

Wow wow the photoes look really nice! I put Malaysia in a list of my "countries I wanna visit before I die".

Girl, Im nt that dissapointed for NZ entertainments though, we can watch films really cheap (well..cheaper than in Japan) and still we have dotti!! haha